A professional body under the aegis of Department for Promotion ofIndustry and Internal Trade(DPIIT) which ensures focused action on issues related to IPRs and addresses the 7 identified objectives of the policy. CIPAM assists in simplifying and streamlining of IP processes, apart from undertaking steps for furthering IPR awareness, commercialization and enforcement.
Cell for IPR Promotion and Management
- hand Simplifying and streamlining of IP processes by formulating and implementing a focused strategy for each policy objective
- hand Coordination with State level agencies and Ministries/ Departments of the Government of India, industry bodies as well as international agencies; IP cells to be set up
- hand IPR awareness campaign across the country in schools,colleges/universities and the industry
- hand Training and sensitization porgrammes for enforcement agencies and Judiciary; coordination for effective enforcement of IPR rights.
- hand Study and facilitate implementation of best practices for promotion and commercialization of IP within the country
Initiatives Being Taken
Creative India, Innovative India!
We are a team of young and passionate individuals from business, engineering and legal backgrounds, working towards the common objective of a Creative and Innovative India! The team is led by the Joint Secretary and Deputy Secretary (in charge of IPRs), Department for Promotion of Industrial & Internal Trade (DPIIT).
Mr. Karan Thapar is an Indian Revenue Services (IRS) officer of 2009 batch. During his service career spanning over a decade, he has been part of several projects where in collaboration with Industry associations..
Pearl is an experienced IP professional and works as Assistant Vice President in CIPAM. She has an extensive experience in the field of Intellectual Property and has worked with top pharmaceutical companies of the country.
Akansha Malhotra is the Lead Coordinator Social Media at Cell for IPR Promotion and Management (CIPAM) division of Ministry of Commerce & Industry, GOI.
Parikshit Sharma is the Assistant Coordinator, Media & Communications team at Cell for IPR Promotion and Management (CIPAM), Ministry of Commerce & Industry, GoI.
Prateek is an IP Attorney and works as an Assistant Manager in CIPAM’s Legal team. He is a practicing Intellectual Property (IP) Attorney and has a rich experience in the domain of IP.
Ginni Sabharwal is an Assistant Manager at the Cell for IPR Promotion and Management (CIPAM) under DPIIT, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, GOI. On behalf of CIPAM, she handles HR, Finance/Budget & Administration verticals. She is the nodal person at CIPAM for general administration.
Deeksha Arora is a law graduate from Amity Law School, Noida. She has a keen interest in IPR and has worked in IP specific firms where she extensively undertook research and opposition drafting.