A professional body under the aegis of Department for Promotion ofIndustry and Internal Trade(DPIIT) which ensures focused action on issues related to IPRs and addresses the 7 identified objectives of the policy. CIPAM assists in simplifying and streamlining of IP processes, apart from undertaking steps for furthering IPR awareness, commercialization and enforcement.
Cell for IPR Promotion and Management
- Simplifying and streamlining of IP processes by formulating and implementing a focused strategy for each policy objective
- Coordination with State level agencies and Ministries/ Departments of the Government of India, industry bodies as well as international agencies; IP cells to be set up
- IPR awareness campaign across the country in schools,colleges/universities and the industry
- Training and sensitization porgrammes for enforcement agencies and Judiciary; coordination for effective enforcement of IPR rights.
- Study and facilitate implementation of best practices for promotion and commercialization of IP within the country
Initiatives Being Taken
Creative India, Innovative India!
We are a team of young and passionate individuals from business, engineering and legal backgrounds, working towards the common objective of a Creative and Innovative India! The team is led by the Joint Secretary and Deputy Secretary (in charge of IPRs), Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP).
Rajiv Aggarwal is presently serving as Joint Secretary in-charge of administering Intellectual Property Rights in the Government of India.
Ujjwala J Jeremiah
Ujjwala is Manager, Legal, at the Cell for IPR Promotion and Management (CIPAM), Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion (DIPP), Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MOCI), India.
Siddhant Chouksey is a Deputy Manager at Cell for IPR Promotion and Management (CIPAM), Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Government of India.
Shivani Singh is a commercial lawyer with a keen interest in Intellectual Property (IP) laws. Interplay between technology and law has always fascinated her.
Worked as a Research Assistant to a Supreme Court Judge and the former Chief Justice of India, Justice TS Thakur in 2014 following which worked as a Junior Counsel to a Senior Advocate of the Punjab and Haryana High Court from 2015-2016.