A professional body under the aegis of Department for Promotion ofIndustry and Internal Trade(DPIIT) which ensures focused action on issues related to IPRs and addresses the 7 identified objectives of the policy. CIPAM assists in simplifying and streamlining of IP processes, apart from undertaking steps for furthering IPR awareness, commercialization and enforcement.
Cell for IPR Promotion and Management
- hand Simplifying and streamlining of IP processes by formulating and implementing a focused strategy for each policy objective
- hand Coordination with State level agencies and Ministries/ Departments of the Government of India, industry bodies as well as international agencies; IP cells to be set up
- hand IPR awareness campaign across the country in schools,colleges/universities and the industry
- hand Training and sensitization porgrammes for enforcement agencies and Judiciary; coordination for effective enforcement of IPR rights.
- hand Study and facilitate implementation of best practices for promotion and commercialization of IP within the country
Initiatives Being Taken
Creative India, Innovative India!
We are a team of young and passionate individuals from business, engineering and legal backgrounds, working towards the common objective of a Creative and Innovative India! The team is led by the Joint Secretary and Deputy Secretary (in charge of IPRs), Department of Industrial Policy & Promotion (DIPP)’ to ‘The team is led by the Joint Secretary and Deputy Secretary (in charge of IPRs), Department for Promotion of Industrial & Internal Trade (DPIIT).
Mr. Karan Thapar is an Indian Revenue Services (IRS) officer of 2009 batch. During his service career spanning over a decade, he has been part of several projects where in collaboration with Industry associations..
Deeksha Arora is a law graduate from Amity Law School, Noida. She has a keen interest in IPR and has worked in IP specific firms where she extensively undertook research and opposition drafting.
Akansha Malhotra is the Lead Coordinator Social Media at Cell for IPR Promotion and Management (CIPAM) division of Ministry of Commerce & Industry, GOI.
Parikshit Sharma is the Assistant Coordinator, Media & Communications team at Cell for IPR Promotion and Management (CIPAM), Ministry of Commerce & Industry, GoI.
Supriya Gogoi works as an Assistant Coordinator in the Media & Communications team at Cell for IPR Promotion and Management (CIPAM), Ministry of Commerce & Industry, GoI.